Dentistry for You and Your Family
Good dentistry is all about listening to patients’ concerns and meeting their needs. And within the scope of general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry, there are a lot of needs to be met. At our dental practice, patients can expect appropriate first-class care for nearly any problem or concern. If you are looking for superior dentistry in the Boston area, look no further than James M. Stein, DMD.
Our goal is to provide you and your family with healthy teeth and the hygienic habits that keep them that way. To this end, we encourage our patients to regularly come in for professional cleanings or check-ups, as preventative care is a cornerstone of dental success. Some of our services for preventative dentistry include:
- Hygienic cleaning: Through a routine scaling and polishing procedure, lingering plaque and tartar can be removed, and teeth will be better protected against future build-up. We can also help younger patients establish good at-home hygiene habits, while offering fluoride treatments to strengthen their teeth.
- X-rays: Occasional X-ray exams are the most effective way of detecting internal tooth decay. By catching cavities in their earliest stages, the least invasive treatments can be used, preserving most of your tooth in the process.
- Cancer screening: Within just a few minutes, you can undergo a simple yet effective screening for oral cancer. Through the VELscope® technique, a mouth rinse and harmless blue light are used to visually identify signs of cancer. When caught in its early stages, oral cancer is easily treatable.
When tooth decay, gum disease, or similar problems arise, the right restorative treatment is essential. For most cavities, a dental filling can successfully replace lost tissue. Patients who are concerned with making permanent alterations to their smile can further benefit from our tooth-colored fillings, which comprise composite resin for a natural color and shape.
Additional treatments we offer include:
- Inlays or onlays for tooth decay
- Dental crowns for lost or damaged teeth
- Dental bridges for one or more lost teeth
- Dental implants for lost teeth
For more complex dental problems, you may benefit from a combination of these procedures or additional cosmetic treatments, giving you a complete smile makeover.
Not all dentistry services are a matter of good health. Sometimes, patients just want to enhance their smiles. Through various cosmetic services, we can provide your teeth with the necessary treatment for a lasting, beautiful smile.
- Teeth whitening: Surface stains can be removed and your teeth made multiple shades brighter with a professional whitening session. Some candidates can also take advantage of the at-home whitening kit, treating their teeth on a more convenient schedule.
- Dental bonding: By applying composite resin over the surface of teeth, Dr. Stein can mask deep stains or refine a tooth’s shape. Chips, cracks, and discoloration can all be treated through a single bonding procedure.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are an extremely versatile cosmetic solution. A thin layer of porcelain is cemented over the front of a tooth, hiding aesthetic flaws. Chips, stains, crookedness, and gaps in teeth can be corrected through the use of stain-resistant porcelain.
If any of the above treatments sound right for you or a loved one, but certain factors make dental visits emotionally taxing, sedation dentistry may be a viable option. Some patients suffer from severe anxiety over dental visits, while others have special needs that make traditional dentistry difficult. Through the use of sedation techniques, even the most complicated dental work can be performed while you are comfortable and unaware.
Learn More about Our Practice
To learn more about our available treatments and how we can benefit your family’s dental needs, set up a consultation with cosmetic dentist James Stein. Contact our office today to inquire further or make an appointment.