The Benefits of Porcelain Crowns
Damaged teeth can be both painful and embarrassing, and if left untreated, could lead to tooth loss. Porcelain crowns offer many benefits and can be used to repair of variety of dental problems and save teeth from further damage or loss. Schedule a consultation with Boston cosmetic dentist James M. Stein to see which treatments are right for you.
What Are Porcelain Crowns?
Porcelain crowns are dental restorations used to repair damaged teeth. Each porcelain crown is custom-made to encase the tooth and protect it from further damage. Traditionally, dental crown treatment requires two dental visits. During the first visit, an impression of the tooth is made. The impression is then used to mold the porcelain crown. Once the crown is ready, a second dental visit is needed to fit and place the crown. Thanks to advances in dentistry, Dr. Stein is actually able to place porcelain crowns in a single dental visit! Using digital imaging and the CAD Single Visit Restoration system, Dr. Stein can custom-craft your porcelain crown in a single visit so you can immediately enjoy the benefits of your restoration.
There are many benefits to porcelain crown treatment. Not only do porcelain crowns restore dental strength and function, they also improve aesthetics so you can smile with confidence. The benefits of porcelain crown treatment are endless, but here are just a few to help you see why so many choose this treatment.
- Saves damaged teeth: Porcelain crowns help save teeth damaged by tooth decay or other injury, prevent further damage, and help reduce the risk of tooth loss by protecting vulnerable teeth.
- Increased confidence:Porcelain veneers restore the appearance of damaged teeth so you can smile with confidence.
- Better oral health: Oral health can be improved with porcelain crowns since they protect teeth from further decay.
- Improved appearance: Porcelain crowns can improve overall dental appearance since they can be used to support teeth weakened by dental fillings, improve tooth shape, and restore broken teeth.
- Restored dental function: Broken, decayed, or otherwise damaged teeth make eating painful. Porcelain crowns encase damaged teeth, restoring dental function and eliminating dental pain.
- Improved dental strength: Teeth with large fillings are vulnerable to breaking. Porcelain crowns can be used to restore strength to weakened teeth.
Porcelain Crown Candidates
Porcelain crowns are suitable for treating many dental issues. Candidates for porcelain veneers may suffer from one or more of the following dental issues:
- Broken or cracked teeth: Broken or cracked teeth may be repaired with dental crowns.
- Teeth with fillings:Unsightly fillings can be hidden with porcelain crowns to restore dental appearance and strength.
- Dental decay: Porcelain crowns can be used to repair dental decay and prevent further damage.
- Irregularly shaped teeth: Even cosmetic issues like irregularly shaped teeth can be improved with dental crowns.
- Missing teeth: When combined with dental implants, porcelain crown restorations can be used to restore missing teeth.
Schedule a Consultation
To find out if porcelain crowns are right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Stein today!