Wisdom Teeth Removal
Most teens and adults eventually require wisdom tooth extraction to avoid dental complications.
Our prosthodontists perform gentle wisdom teeth surgery at our dentistry practice in Boston, MA.
Learn more about wisdom teeth removal by James M. Stein, DMD, and his team...
Choose Our Prosthodontists for Wisdom Teeth Removal
At our practice in Boston, MA, Drs. James M. Stein and Brett E. Stein perform wisdom teeth surgery for teens and adults. Thanks to their specialized training and Dr. James Stein's decades of experience, our prosthodontists are able to handle wisdom tooth cases without referrals to oral surgeons.
Wisdom teeth removal by our doctors involves little to no discomfort. They utilize the most gentle techniques of modern oral and maxillofacial surgery, and we offer sedation options to help our patients relax.
If you or your child is in need of wisdom teeth removal, request a consultation with our doctors today.
We Can Answer Your Questions Contact James M. Stein, DMD
Wisdom teeth can cause a range of oral health conditions that are easily avoided with an extraction. If you have a complicated case, our prosthodontists have the advanced training needed for more difficult removals.
You do not have to meet with an oral and maxillofacial surgeon to get the care and attention you need. Contact our office online today to request a consultation, or call us at:
"World-Class" 5-Star Reviews From Boston, MA, Patients
Dr. James Stein is a world-class dentist. I was referred to him years ago by a renowned periodontist because my mouth's challenges require the expertise of a highly trained, innovative and meticulous professional. For nearly three decades, Dr. Stein has provided me and my family with superior care... Dr. Stein has also transformed my dysfunctional bite and teeth. My mouth is healthy, and I am proud of my beautiful smile. If you want the best dentist become his patient.View On Google
I first saw Dr. Brett Stein a few years ago for a dental emergency—he was extremely calm and knowledgeable and put my mind at ease during what could have been a stressful experience. Since then, I have been back to the office regularly for cleanings and check-ups, and it’s always been a great experience. I trust the Stein Esthetics team completely and highly recommend them for high quality dental care.View On Google
Were You Told You Need an Extraction? Don't Worry, You Are Not Alone...
Do I Need to Remove My Wisdom Teeth Now?
If you've been told you need this procedure, or if your teen requires wisdom teeth removal, you should act promptly. Otherwise, the impacted teeth could cause damage that could be costly to fix in the future.
Many parents choose to have their children's wisdom teeth removed before they can cause issues.
Common Signs You Need Treatment
- Chronic bad breath or a persistent bad taste in your mouth
- Red, swollen gums that may be painful
- Jaw pain
- Cavities in the wisdom tooth, which can spread to other teeth
- Sinus problems such as pain, headaches, and congestion
- Crooked teeth pushed out of alignment by pressure from wisdom teeth
What to Expect during Wisdom Teeth Removal
Your entire procedure can be completed in just 30 to 60 minutes.
Simple Steps to a Speedy Recovery
- Patients will be given gauze to control bleeding, which should subside within a few hours as the blood clot forms. Be sure to change the gauze every 30 to 60 minutes. It also helps to keep your head elevated to minimize bleeding and swelling.
- Over-the-counter pain medications can be taken to control discomfort, which may last a few hours to a few days.
- Brush and floss gently near the incisions and eat a diet of soft foods for a few days following the wisdom tooth removal.
- Avoid using straws and eating crunchy foods. These actions can dislodge the blood clot that forms in the socket, potentially leading to a painful condition called dry socket that can result in infection. Dry socket leaves the underlying bones and nerves exposed.
- Do not smoke during the healing period.
We Use High-Tech Technology
Dr. Stein uses state-of-the-art equipment to accurately perform oral and maxillofacial surgery. The staff at our Boston office uses digital scans and panoramic X-rays to get an accurate look at your jaw, wisdom teeth, and surrounding teeth and tissue. With this high-quality scan, our prosthodontists can accurately map out your oral surgery to ensure the best results and avoid complications.
"I have total confidence in him." More 5-Star Reviews From Boston, MA, Patients
I'm pleased to write about our pleasant and successful experience at Dr. Steins office. From setting up our appointments through Robin, to our comprehensive consultation with Dr. Stein and to the final beautiful results from his work, my two girls ages 17 and 19 are both pleased with the look and feel he's given their teeth.View on Google
I have been a patient of Dr. James Stein since June 2021. At that time, having recently moved to Boston after twenty years in a foreign country, I had a number of outstanding dental issues. I am extremely happy with all the dental work that has been performed by Dr. Stein, and I have total confidence in him and his colleagues.View on Google