Additionally, dentures allow patients to eat more of the foods they like, smile with greater confidence, and maintain better overall health.
During your initial consultation, we will help you choose which restoration procedure is right for you. Deciding on the right denture can depend on a number of factors, including your overall health, goals, budget, and more.
Traditional dentures are an effective solution for patients seeking a minimally invasive, affordable, and aesthetically-pleasing option. The removable restorations are made from dental-grade porcelain, typically supported by a gum-colored acrylic base, and are either attached to the surrounding teeth or with a mild dental adhesive.
The benefits of traditional dentures include:
- Minimally invasive: Surgery and extensive recovery time is not needed.
- Affordability: Partially covered under most dental insurance policies.
- Aesthetics: Traditional dentures provide a natural, attractive look.
Implant-supported dentures use dental implants as their foundation. The implants, comprised of small titanium posts, are surgically placed directly into the jaw to replace tooth roots. Through a natural process called osseointegration, the implants will fuse directly to the jawbone, providing the foundation needed to place the dentures. The implants can help prevent jawbone atrophy, which can occur following tooth loss. They may also help prevent more serious complications such as periodontal disease.
The benefits of implant-supported dentures include:
- Comfort: Their stability and durability allows patients to retain their natural bite, and chew more comfortably.
- Prevention of jawbone atrophy: If missing teeth go untreated, the bone tissues may not receive the proper amount of stimulation, causing bone loss, and loss of integrity in the jaw.
- Appearance: The look and feel of implant-supported dentures are incredibly lifelike, and provide a very natural look.
For the right candidates, Dr. Stein can place four dental implant posts in strategic locations to support a full-arch denture, instead of the typical six to eight. In addition, he can attach a temporary restoration on the same day as treatment.
WHAT TYPE OF DENTURES ARE RIGHT FOR ME?
During your initial consultation, we will help you choose which restoration procedure is right for you. Deciding on the right denture can depend on a number of factors, including your overall health, goals, budget, and more. Dr. Stein is committed to providing all of his patients with long-term satisfaction, and will help guide you through the process.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Missing and damaged teeth can negatively impact the way you enjoy daily activities, and can interfere with both the look of your smile, and your overall health. If you are ready for a fuller, healthier smile, and would like more information about how we can help you achieve your ultimate goals, schedule your consultation today.